At the 2nd Annual General Meeting held on April 17, 2015 at the Courtyard by Marriott, CEO Desiree Gobin-Seecharan of the Caribbean Corporate Governance Institute (CCGI) boasted an upward trend in membership and the Institute’s Chartered Director Program – the first of such kind in the Caribbean, and the fourth in the world. “We are excited about our membership growth, we experienced a 66% increase in individual membership and growth of over 30% in organizational membership to achieve 134 members, as we move into our third year of operations” said CEO Desiree Gobin Seecharan. The first cohort in CCGI’s Certificate in Corporate Governance, the first of three steps in its Chartered Director Program, will complete the programme in June 2015 by demonstrating requisite knowledge, through an examination. The organization has also made significant strides in its accreditation process. “The Institute has successfully completed all steps towards being registered with the Accreditation Council of T&T (ACTT). The Institute thereby does not only comply with laws and regulations, but also demonstrates best practice through quality assurance and proper governance of the regions gold standard in Corporate Governance education” said Chairman Dr Kravatzky.
The AGM also saw the appointment of new board members. The newly appointed and returning directors to the Board are as follows:
- Ronnie Bissessar – Attorney-At-Law, Trinidad & Tobago
- Vincent Hippolyte -Managing Director, Water & Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO) ,St . Lucia
- Jacqueline Quamina – General Counsel/Corporate Secretary- Republic Bank Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago
Returning Board Members
- Dennis Brown, Accountant / Financial Consultant, Jamaica
- Leslie Clarke, Managing Director of Murphy Clarke Financial Limited, Trinidad & Tobago
- Clarence Faulkner, Managing Partner, Pension Management Interactive Inc. British Virgin Islands
- Fe Lopez-Collymore, Corporate Secretary, Guardian Holdings Limited Trinidad & Tobago
- Axel Kravatzky (Chairman), Principal Consultant and Director of Syntegra Change Architects Limited,Trinidad & Tobago
- Arnold Niranjan, Partner, Advisory Services, Ernst and Young, Trinidad & Tobago
- Marlon Yarde, CEO and General Manager, Barbados Stock Exchange Inc & Barbados Central Securities Depository Inc. , Barbados
The Caribbean Corporate Governance Institute (CCGI) is the first and only non-profit membership organization dedicated to advancing corporate governance across the Caribbean. CCGI provides world-class training, professional development, regional corporate governance standard development and networking for Directors, Senior Executives, Investors, and Regulators.
For further information: www.caribbeangovernance.org